Bachelor of Music (Music Education)
Our Honors Bachelor of Music in Music Education program is unique featuring:
- Performance emphasis: weekly, hour-long, private lessons on major instruments
- Participation: in outstanding vocal and instrumental ensembles.
- Academic foundations: students build a strong academic foundation for teaching by studying history, theory, general musicianship and music education philosophy, psychology, and methodology.
- Breadth: opportunity to study as many as eight different instruments alongside instrumental and choral conducting.
- Service learning: all fourth-year students take Music Education in Action, a community service learning course, where they put their learning into practice in real-life situations
- Guaranteed admission to Western's Faculty of Education for qualifying students.
- An active Music Education Students' Association (MESA), a student chapter of the Ontario Music Educators’ Association.